Just Dance 4
Console: Wii & WiiU
Also done on XBox360 & PS3 by Ubisoft Reflections (Newcastle)
Engine/Middleware: LyN Engine (also used by Just Dance 3, Rabbids, Red Steel 2 etc…)
Langage: LyN Script => C-style script (transformed to real C for retail)
The following lists are non-exhaustive but representative.
- Multi-Studios development: readable code, documentation and support. (a feature developed in Paris is used by Reflexion/Newcastle, Milan, Pune and Bucharest)
- Master the engine to give the best to creative team as technical contact for graphic team.
- Gameplay R&D: Battle mode, Smart Sweat Class. Various field of development about gameplay development (loadings, beats control, pictos, video, user interface etc…).
- Limited resources hardware (Wii) and unknow new hardware (WiiU) => strong experience in profiling, debugging and optimization.
- Work on a new upcoming HD console: WiiU.
- Multi-platform over multiple console generation.
- Improve core gameplay code, memory usage and performances based on Just Dance 3 experience and needs for Just Dance 4.
- Participate to put innovation in Just Dance with Battle & Sweat mode by being part of the creative process.
- Assist graphic & audio team in finding issues and improve their technical workflow.
- Multiple Milestones: intense polish & debug sessions within short time.