Might and Magic: Heroes VII
Studio: Limbic Entertainment Gmbh
Target: PC – Windows
Engine/Middleware: Unreal Engine 3 & Wwise
Langage: C++ & UnrealScript & HLSL
The following list is non-exhaustive but representative.
- Creating a TopDown game in Unreal Engine 3. Easier said than done.
- Engine Maintenance | Extended UnrealScript | Savegame System | Debugging of Unreal | Debugging of Scaleform
- Gameplay tools and cheats.
- Efficient collaboration with the Technical Artist.
- Budgeted Technology: Visuals | Performance and Optimization (NSight)
- Various rendering techniques: Custom Lighting (Dynamic + Static) / Fog of War
- Gameplay Core: Grid system | Combat Map streaming | Asset loading + Streaming
- Editor: Mod/Map Management | Gameplay Tools | Level Designers Visual and Gameplay tools | Landscape dynamic spawning for RMG | Fast Grid rasterization
- Middleware: Wwise + Low level network driver in Unreal: Storm / Ubisoft’s Peer communication middleware | UPNP | Steam & UPlay services (interconnected) | Language Management | Steam Workshop (multithreaded implementations)